Tuesday, December 20, 2011

This baby is a soccer player! (oh and some awkwardness)

<>

This baby sure has a mean kick. Every once in a while his kick is so low that it feel like his leg is hanging out where it shouldn't be yet. Boy that was scary! But it is also so very exciting! I love feeling him move and groove in my belly! It is pretty much the most amazing feeling in the world!

So speaking of this baby's mean kick-he sure loves to kick my bladder! Ahh! Friday evening I had a bit of a scare, which was embarrassing also! Thankfully, I work on the obstetrics unit at the hospital so I wasn't looking like a complete stooge to absolute strangers. Anyway, let's cut to the embarrassing story- I went to the bathroom at one point in the evening and my panties were soaked. Eek! So first thought going through my mind was "I'm leaking fluid!" Then, the second thought that went through my mind was- "Can't be! Maybe its pee." Which happens to some women without their knowledge. Just a perk of being pregnant.  I smelled it and it didn't smell like pee, but that might be because I drink tons and tons of water. So I definitely wanted a second opinion.

I went back out to the desk and was about to talk to my good friend about it, but didn't because the desk was swarmed with the other nurses and I don't feel as comfortable with them. I texted C and said, "Not to be gross or weird, but my panties are soaked and I am freaking out!"

To make a long story short, we ended up doing an AmniSure (basically a test that tests the pH level of the fluid) and found out that it was negative! No leakage of fluid!!! THANK GOD! Phew! So in other words I was just peeing myself! Boo! So embarrassing!!!!! But I thought it was something to share because I am sure there are many women that have been in my similar situation.

Now that my embarrassing story is shared its time for me to move onto my chores so that I can enjoy some craft time later!

I hope that you all have a fantastic day!
♥♥♥
Danielle

1 comment:

Blogs said...

eeeee! we all pee at some point....and after having the baby isn't gonna cure it:) lol! we leak....what the piss! hope your little bundle is snug today and not kicking so much...that's the best feeling though, isn't it!:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails