Friday, April 22, 2011

A Guess Who Stunner!


1.  My first name is Tierney, pronounced Tear-a-knee.  It's probably the weirdest name most people have heard, and originally, I was supposed to be something totally normal like "Lacey".  But then, my mom read a romance novel about a Celtic warrior named Tierney who saved his people.  I also like to spell my name with different Irish variations, like Tigernach or Tigherneigh, just to be difficult and cool.

2.  I'm 5'11, which is kind of a big deal when it comes to loving fashion.  I have a hard time finding skirts and dresses that are long enough, and I have to shell out big bucks to get jeans in my inseam (36")   I also have an obsessive love of high heels, but my favorite pair makes me 6'4.  This is not conducive to my life.   Everything would be solved if I became a super model, but unfortunately, I enjoy food.

3.  I believe in fate when it comes to shopping.  If you are truly meant to own something, it will come back to you in magical ways.  Case in point:  I obsessed for a long time over these calfskin leopard print Tory Burch Reva flats.  Unfortunately, spending like $300 for ballet flats was not in my budget (ever) so I just admired from afar.  Then, one day at Nordstrom Rack, I saw a pair sitting in my section.  (Oh.  My feet are a size 11, which further adds to my fashion pain.)  They were pristine, and $80.  I don't know how such a miracle happened, but I grabbed those puppies and sprinted to the cash register before anyone could steal them from me.  Sooo...yeah.  If it's meant to be, it will work out. 

4.  I ramble.  A lot.  I just am prone to have this runaway train of thought that goes from one subject to the next without realizing that no one else is on board the train with me.  (See  #1, #2, and #3 for examples...)

5.  When I'm bored, I watch videos of Basset Hounds doing various activities.  Running.  Sleeping.  Playing.  I feel a little ashamed like I'm watching something naughty, but I am obsessed with those droopy dogs.  I think it all stems back to this stuffed basset hound named Puddles I had as a kid.  He was my BFF.  (True story:  My first night alone in my new house, I slept with Puddles.)  (See #4)

6.  I'm super involved with my church, and oftentimes I don't have any nights off.  Between being a part of writing/acting with skit teams, puppet shows, special events, and other various activities, my life is pretty full.  I also have been to Africa three times (going for number four this summer) and St. Kitts twice on missions trips.  I'm so thankful for opportunities to give back, and to share God's love with everyone.  God is basically awesome.

7.  I color code my closet, which in theory sounds nice and organized, but all my hangers stink and they always slide off and I get upset and then throw them into the corner to think about what they just did to me.  But, in case you are interested, roughly 45% of my wardrobe is navy and/or white (nautical), 30% is black, and the rest is red.  I'm really obsessed with everything nautical and leopard print.  I have three closets and three dressers and four wine racks for all my shoes.  And two shelves for my handbags.  Oh.  And I have some stuff in storage.  I worked retail for like four years, so I have some serious clothing treasures.  I'm rambling.  I'll stop.

Do you know who it is??

Let's get to know a little bit more about this lovely lady.

Do you speak any foreign languages? If so what are they?   
Not really.  I know some Swahili from all my trips to Africa--enough for basic interactions.  Also, I know how to talk about food.  Heh.  I like to pretend I know Spanish, but they speak too fast.  I can read it, but that's the extent of four years of Spanish class.  I can order at Taco Bell!  I can ask where the library/school/bathroom is!

Where do you call home? 
 I was born and raised in Northern Virginia, a few minutes outside of Washington DC.  In the span of my life, I've watched my hometown go from being mostly woods and farms to being one of the wealthiest counties in the country.  It's weird.  Mostly, that just means we have horrible traffic.  

Do you have any hobbies other than blogging?
I shop!  I pet dogs!  I have themed parties!  I work out!  I write novels!  I go to church!  I drink Diet Coke!  I tan!  I use exclamation marks excessively!

Where can we find you? (please include links: blog, twitter, bloglovin, etsy.)  

Is there anything else you would like to share?
Basically, if you love leopard print, sparkles, nautical things, red lipstick, and wish you had been born in the 1950's, you'll probably be my new best friend!

♥♥♥
Thank you so much Tierney for playing along!
I totally had fun getting to know a bit more about you!

If you are interested in playing along and would love to have Positively Positive feature you,
Just e-mail me at
posidanielle [at] gmail [dot] com

Much love,
Danielle

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails