Thursday, September 16, 2010

Owl love you always....

Its Thursday! One more day until the weekend! Woot! I'm super excited for that!
Yesterday I was lucky to have a day off with my little Evangelina and I got a little bit of crafting done! Yay!
I have decided that I want to add a little bit of art to my kitchen to kind of connect my cute little owl jar in with it. So I sat down with some old tiles that came from my PopPop, some modge podge, a pile of scrap paper, and came out with these cuties:




Cute, right?

I absolutely love bright colors and my kitchen is going to be bold and bright, when I finally get finished with it. I am going to hang these cuties on the wall that my table is against. I have tons of tiles and I can't wait to do more with them. I have plenty of ideas so we'll see what comes out of them. So what do you think of this little art?

Btw, the hubs loves them. Which is always a plus in my book. 
Speaking of the hubs. He is so amazing. He has been so wonderful to me this week. He has been my rock while I'm dealing with this new life change. I cannot even imagine what I would do without him. I know, I'm a sap, but he has just been extra sweet lately and I cannot get over it. I feel like I am falling in love with him all over again. Which isn't that hard because he has that way about him, but its been a few difficult months filled with frustration on both of our parts. Its definitely hard for him because he is missing his family so much and I have my family all around me. I honestly would give anything for our families to be much closer together rather than clear across the U.S. and in Mexico. (His parents and 4 of his siblings live in Guadalajara, 2 siblings live in Utah, and 1 lives in California.) Sometimes I fear that the distance of his family would pull us apart, but I know that that isn't true. Together forever and always, that's my promise to him and his to me.
My hunky hubby!
Seriously, I can't resist that smile!

Moving on...
So sorry for the smooshiness. Its kind of those "scream-from-the-top-of-a-mountain" moments.

I want to take a moment and thank you for your continuous reading and support. You all are so fantastic and you make blogging so much fun. I hope that you all enjoy my blog and my ramblings.

Oh and today is day 17 of the 365 photo project! so that makes 348 more days left. Woot! 


Its the bath time routine!
Definitely one of the best, sometimes the worse, routines of all.
Of course depends on the day and moods haha.

Well, its time for me to get off there and scrounge up some breakfast. (btw, I'm getting pretty sick of this low carb diet! Its just no fun! But if it keeps my insulin in check then I must.)

Happy Thursday Beautifuls!

10 comments:

Blogs said...

No it is not fun. I think we should enjoy whatever we like in moderation! Who am i kidding! i scarf that sugary shit down! i have no control...which is why i'm gaining instead of losing. help! i love the owls-and i need to get a move on with crafts....i'm such a slagger lately! i can't keep up with all the things i want to do! have a nice day

Lina Thomlinson said...

Those owls kick butt! Great crafting project! I just bought some cheap tiles on clearance at Lowe's but have no idea what I'll do with them. I just might have to copy your idea. And uh oh. Stay away from my blog if you're trying to be good and stick to your low-carb diet. I'm afraid all of the sugary junk I bake and eat will be too tempting!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

those little owl decorations are so cute! Don't you just love Modpodge? I made a girly recipe box for myself with a friend. So cute and easy!
Aww...you guys are a cute couple!
I like being blog friends with you!
Have a great week friend. =)

Nicole Maki said...

Love those tiles!

I'm a huge fan of bold bright color so they are right up my alley.

Sorry it's ben a hard few months. Hope things are looking up for you.

And your daughter is adorable! So cute!

Danielle Leal said...

Vic- You are so right, moderation is the key, but I still have to avoid sugar and carbs. Boo! If the hubs or Evangelina has a ice cream cone I do sneak a lick. haha. I think motherhood entitles us to be a slacker sometimes. Especially when it comes to doing the things we want to do. Its not fair! haha.

Sourkraut- I love tiles you can do tons with them. Make coaster or wall art with them. I have plenty of plans for Christmas presents this year using my tiles. Oh and it doesn't bother me to look at the delicious things on your blog, atleast I don't have to smell it. That's when it gets hard.

Amylou- I love, love, LOVE modge podge! Its so crazy how much you can do with it! And I love being blog friends with you too! You are such a darling!:D

Danielle Leal said...

Nicole Maki- Thank you! Nothing like bright, bold colors to wake you up in the morning. :D It definitely is looking up. Thank you so much for stopping by.

ashleigh said...

Aw thanks for stopping by! And I hate when friendships are that way too. I think thats why I always just stick to myself and family.
And Im sooo happy to hear about another amazing husband... I have one and cant get over how lucky am to have him!!!
Why do you have to watch your carbs/sugar? ... maybe I missed it?!

Ladii said...

those are sooo cute! lol i just did a project.... [wait for it]..... I sewed the curtains lol they were too long had to take them up damn things haha not as exciting as yurs but definatly frustrating

No carbs or sugar WTH i just had like a platefull of rice for dinner not to mention the brownie i woke up for last night and fell asleep before i could finish the whole thing and wokeup to finish it this morning lol

bath time Ugh I love to see him play but when its time to get out he just rases hell!! damn it! hope you have a great day hun

Ladii said...

lol thanks for the comment, and yest i need to tone it down i forget we are in public some time

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

awww...I just saw your comment above! Thank you so so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails