- Last Monday my boss had a mandatory HUC/Tech meeting to discuss different issues that had been piling up. The meeting went on like clockwork. Nothing out of the ordinary, no pointing of fingers, and definitely no petty bickering.
- Friday roles around and I get a text message from my friend/ co-worker Kristen telling me that someone has been telling lies about us. Saying, "Danielle and Kristen were trying to get so-and-so fired during the meeting." -Seriously? Was I possessed during the meeting because I honestly don't recall any of that? I wouldn't ever try to get someone fired because I believe if they aren't right for the job then they will eventually get fired on their own. I don't need to help it along.
- Basically, Kristen and I were fuming at this accusation because it is not true and its a bash against our character.
- Sunday, I went into work to drop off a flyer for the party this weekend and I approached the so-and-so that we were supposedly trying to get fired and asked if she was there during that conversation and she said no that she had gotten a VTO that night. I told her what was being said and said that there is no way that Kristen and I are trying to get her fired.
- Today, Kristen talks to the person that started the lie. The person gets angry and says that that's not what she said. She said that I was keeping a list about things that so-and-so has done wrong so that I can turn them in to try to get her fired and that I want another so-and-so's job. Both are not true, of course. She also said that the first so-and-so was there and crying that night so she was defending her.
I honestly don't know who or what to believe, but I am totally going to Nancy Drew this lie until I find out the truth! I am not going to allow someone to bash my character while I hide my head in the sand.
1. I would never keep a list of peoples faults and mistakes when I too have them and make them. That's so awful and silly.
2. I would love a full time position, but I am to selfish with my time with Evangelina to give that up.
3. People lie to make themselves look better and because they have nothing better to talk about.
4. Karma sucks.
So Nancy Drew I am channeling you tonight!