Monday, December 13, 2010

A few fun creations and a delicious Christmas-y treat w/ recipe!

Monday again?! well its just another Monday closer to Christmas! I can't wait!  I honestly can't believe that it is so close to Christmas! Where has the time gone? Anyway! I've got a couple little projects to share with you today...just a few things that I put together the other day for a dear beautiful friend who was feeling a bit under the weather. Oh and here is a little message from my darling little Evangelina to that special someone.

 

Then Evangelina and I sat down and made her a couple of little get well goodies.

A bit of card magic

A Peacock with Evangelina's hand prints. 
I hope that all of these items make her feel 100% better.

Saturday, I spent the morning making some yummy treats and I seriously had trouble ignoring that temptation to eat the cookie batter! (its the best thing about making cookies!)
I had hoped that Evangelina would help me, but she was grumpy and just wanted to watch the Backyardagains. So maybe next time when I make cookies she will help.  

Yummy Peppermint Chocolate chip Cookies! :D
They were amazing! I had like 3 before I finished. Shh!

Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 36 cookies 
  • 1 package (1lb 1.5 oz) of sugar cookie mix
  • 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup) softened
  • 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
  • 8 drop of green food color
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of Peppermint Candy Canes crushed. 
  • 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl mix cookie mix , butter, extract, food coloring and egg until cookie dough forms.  
  3. Stir in baking chips and chocolate chucks. (best mixed when mixing with hands.)
  4. Use a small cookie scoop or a teaspoon and place cookies on greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. (I ran out of Pam haha and the wax paper worked well.) about 2 inches apart.
  5. Bake for about 10 min. or until cookies are set. 

This recipe was a hit! I am so happy that I tried it! I got the basic mint cookie recipe from here, but changed things up a bit. Like instead of Andes baking chips I used Peppermint candy canes. It really was a great change, but I'm sure the Andes baking chips make a great cookie also. I just really enjoyed the look and the taste that the peppermint candies gave the cookie.

Well now I am off to make a grocery list and perhaps take Evangelina out into the snow that we were blessed with overnight. I hope that everyone has a wonderful day! <3


7 comments:

Gwiddle said...

What a cute little girl! That peacock card is amazing!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

LOVE the peacock card! You are so talented lady.
My reindeer card is the best!

Your cookies look amazing. I'm definitely saving the receipe for later.

Mandy said...

Those cookies look delish!

Veronica said...

your little Evangelina is beautiful and that's so sweet of you to make your friend a get well card! it's adorable!

p.s. those cookies look amazing! i might have to be bad and make a batch myself! ;o)

Ashley said...

That card is so pretty!

I can't wait to start making christmas cookies! I just feel like I have been so busy, maybe when I am finished wrapping presents :)

Slyde said...

awww, what a real cutie :)

Blogs said...

you and all this peppermint...i need to make this yum...really looks and sounds fabulous! i'm headed out tomorrow for more ingredients! i bet she loves playing in the snow:) i know i would!

Related Posts with Thumbnails