Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Busy, busy little weekend.

Hey lovelies,
Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have been hella busy with work this weekend and yesterday I just needed a break.

Friday- it seemed as though everyone and their mother were having babies and I hate to say it, but it seemed as though the train to dumb-dumb land made a quick stop by our birthing unit and dropped off all its expecting mothers. All the mothers that delivered Friday evening were not all there in the head. One definitely smoked a little bit too much pot and the poor babe's urine came back positive. Hmm I wonder what social services will do about that...a smack on the hand? Most likely. I probably shouldn't get off onto that topic because we all know how much I can rant and rave about it.

Saturday- I basically melted into my bed when I got home at 7am. Of course, I am not one to sleep during the day so it was pretty difficult for me to sleep. Especially since it was so beautiful out, but luckily I got a VTO from work and I got to go to dinner with the hubs and then out to a bar. Dinner was nice, but I could have definitely found better ways to spend my evening. I absolutely hate the bars around here. They are just pretty creepy and the people around here don't know how to dance. My husband tried and tried to get me out to dance, but I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe I was just bummed that I couldn't have a cocktail, but I think it was because people just stair at you. And I am really self conscious, plus my hubsies' dancing puts me to shame. Seriously, that man can dance! People cleared the floor when he started dancing and then other guys tried to copy him, but they definitely failed. haha. I think I just needed some liquid courage.

Sunday- the hubs and I had to go get my car from the hospital. Oh I forgot to mention that. After my horrible night at work Friday night, my car decided not to work and so I was almost stranded at work Saturday morning, but luckily my girl Trish took me home. It turns out my car just needed a new battery. Then after we got the car home, we went and had some yummy sushi for lunch and went shopping for some cute clothing for Evangelina. And of course i didn't get much sleep before I worked Sunday night, but I was able to leave Monday morning at 3am because we were dead.

Monday- Valentine's Day, I managed to surprise the hubs and little terror with a card and gift. I got my beautiful little a "Horny Horse" pillow pet...okay, she really meant a unicorn. haha. And I fed my husband's xbox addiction with another game. I got him FIFA 11. Yeah, you would think I would have learned my lesson about the stupid xbox. haha. The husband surprised me with a beautiful flower, a homemade card, and zumba for the wii. :D I have yet to try it, but I am hoping that I can find the time today.
After, I woke up from a nap we got ready and I went to the florists and got my momma a beautiful boquet of flowers and we surprised her at work. Then, we headed off to the mall to kill some time before we met my Mom, step-dad, sister, and my sister's LP, for dinner. It was a lot of fun. And I got to enjoy a yummy margarita!! :D It was definitely a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Wow, the hubs looks faded, but he wasn't. 
He said that was what he was going for. haha


How was your's?

Now, it's time for Evangelina and I to get ready for the day and go grocery shopping.
I hope that you all have a wonderful day!!
Love,
Danielle

10 comments:

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

Oh my goodness...I can't believe the poor babys urine tested positive! That makes my heart sink :(....and unfortunately you're right, the mother will probably get nothing more than a slap on the wrist. God bless you for having to deal with these kinds of things - I'd be ranting and raving too!!!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Gosh you were busy! I'm so glad you had a good Valentine's day dear!

Heather M said...

You were def a busy girl!! sounds like you had a great Valentines!!! I hope today is good to you!!! I missed seeing you around!

Gwiddle said...

Oh I hear ya on the whole dumb dumb train thing. I hate it when you can tell a mother is using drugs or drinking. booo. I'm sorry some of your weekend was lame! I'm glad Valentines was good though. You'll have to tell me how you like zumba for the wii. I have been wondering if it is worth it to buy. I know exactly what you feel like about the xbox. My hubs is an addict as well. Have a great day!

Chrissy said...

Those pics of your are super gorgeous!
Sounds like a lot going on! But also a lot of fun!
Enjoy the day with your little princess!
Hugs xxx

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

oh no that poor baby. I hope they do find it a good home. The pic of you and your hubs is so funny. Well if you have time you can link up to my two truths and a lie and just add to this post, just a suggestion. LOL.

Write it in Lipstick

Datssocute said...

Ok, the dumbass woman would fit under my pet peeves! Glad you had a wonderful time with your hubs, you guys sound so sweet! Hope today is going great, and you have a fab week! Loved your comment today, you are the BOMB friend! ♥ BJ

Carol E Wyer said...

Well you have been really busy haven't you? I feel quite the sloth in comparison.
I'm so glad you got the Zumba for the Wii from your dearest. I love the fact that he made you a card and that you got your Mum flowers...what a lovely person you are.

Datssocute said...

Hey friend! I gave you a couple of awards! Stop by and check out today's post to see! Have a beautiful day! ♥ BJ

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness your blog is adorable! So glad I found it :]

Related Posts with Thumbnails