Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh sunshine..come quick!

Hi gorgeous friends!
I hope everyone is having a beautiful day today. I'm having a better day than yesterday despite the fact that it is freezing outside and it is now snowing...i am in desperate need of this:
 I am so ready for warm weather that I am actually wearing a spring outfit right now. haha. I just couldn't take it any longer. I need that taste of spring now! So I threw on a cute dress and some leggings and I turned up the heat so I wouldn't be freezing my booty off. If only I could freeze some of my other problem areas off instead of my booty because I pretty much like my booty.

I am desperately trying to be more happy with myself. These last few days have been a huge battle. It has to be those winter blues, but this year I've been struggling with it more than last year. I haven't been feeling at all happy with myself. You would think that since I lost 30Ibs since I started my diet in the fall that I would be more happy with myself. In a sense I am, but I guess I'm not where I want to be. Perhaps that's where the lack of self esteem is coming from...hmm.

But...Today that is changing! I am going to be more confident in myself. I am going to work harder on loving myself for all that I am, even my temper (my least favorite thing about myself.) Most people don't believe that I have a temper that's because it hides and only shows its ugly self behind closed doors. Its probably not at all bad, but it is embarrassing to me.
So here is how I am going to change myself one day at a time:
1. Every morning when I stand in front of the mirror I am going to say: "You are beautiful, inside and out."
2. I will keep a journal with me and write in it when I feel that i need to vent. That way I don't lose my temper.
3. I won't hide my struggles any longer. (As a blogger I tend to hide behind smiles. Although, I love smiling and I smile most of the time, its not always the case. I have my off days too.)
4. I will treat myself to something nice more often. ( a pedicure, manicure, or a new hair-do. I tend to leave myself on the back burner while I attend to everyone else's desires.)

If anyone else has any tips or suggestions on how they boost their confidence please share! I love learning new tips. 



Again, I'd like to thank each and every single one of you beauties for your kind words and encouragement. You all are wonderful and you each inspire me every day. Thank you!<3

P.S. Don't forget to join the silliness this Saturday!!!





5 comments:

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

You are beautiful friend! I have been there and I love what you said about the journal. Great idea!

Clearance shopping works for me. I only shop the clearance racks, but I can get my shopping bug out. A real treat for me!

Meghan said...

Oh my gosh, you are totally describing my exact frame of mind lately. So, thank you for your honesty. I hate the winter so, so much, and it's really getting me down. I've promised myself that I'm going to eat better, get more rest, start working out and make more lady dates...all things that cheer me up. We can do this!!

Chrissy said...

Feels like I am reading about myself! Wow - we are so alike! Love it!
I think you are beautiful! And don't we all have those days where we kinda hate everything about us and then there are those days where we feel like we could conquer the world!
Hang in there hun - comes spring, comes a better mood!

Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

I think your beautiful!
I understand you, sometimes I to feel down with myself. These day a lot of times actually! But hold on to the people you love and things will get better, at least that's what I do. :) ***

*M* said...

I think we all have those days. You should definitely be proud of how far you've come! By the way, your pictures are super cute and I adore your header!

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails