Saturday, November 13, 2010

No more MIA for me- its catch up time!

Happy Saturday beautiful friends!!!
So sorry for the lack of posts lately! I have been working on a few hat and scarf orders as well as working at my real job, which has been nuts lately! Plus, I've been in kind of a grumpy mood lately and I  just didn't want to blog during that time because I am sure it would have been filled with negative vibes. I have a feeling that from now until the New Year work is going to be insanely busy and I believe that this week was just a glimmer of whats to come.

Monday, I worked 3p-11p secretary and we had 2 momma's in labor when I started but when I left I had 3 deliveries and 3 more momma's in labor. Plus we had no rooms left on our floor. It was a true test to my patience and my stress tolerance. I believe that I handled it pretty well. haha.

Then, Thursday rolls around and I worked day shift secretary and we had 1 c-section and 1 momma in labor and I also had 5 discharges (which is a lot more work that most think. I have to make mom and baby appointments, order and fill out PKUs, complete birth certificates, put in mom and baby charges, break down charts, and make copies of mom and baby's perscriptions and appointment cards.) Oh and of course all the discharges wanted to leave before noon and they kept harassing their nurses which in turn they kept harassing me. It didn't really bother me though because I could only go as fast as others allowed me (i.e. doctors, phlebos, and dr.s offices.)

The c-section Thursday ended with the baby in the nursery and mom with a social services consult because her drug screen came back positive for benzos, codeine, and marijuana. The baby was bagged and then put on oxygen. The baby's umbilical cord was the size of my pinky. It was so small and I honestly do not know how the baby got any nutrition from that, but luckily when I came back Friday I saw that the baby is fine. Thank you, Lord.

Friday, was another nutty day, but it didn't start out that way. It ended with a stat c-section and the shipment of the baby to the children's hospital because it was only 33 weeks old and had a heart problem. My desk was cluttered with paper work and I had to fight with patient registration to get the patient admitted. It took them a half an hour to get it done and by then the baby was already born. It was insane. I was on the verge of breaking down and crying because of all the pressure, but I held it like a pro (or so I was told.)

So that was my week in a whole. A lot of stress from work and very little play, but this weekend I'm off and it is beautiful out!!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
love and hugs!


Jessica said...

oh man that does sound like a stressful week! glad you got through it and i hope you have an extra fun weekend gorgeous!!! XOXO

p.s. what is wrong with people?? i don't know how a mother to be could be so unhealthy.. makes me sad.

ashleigh said...

I was wondering where you have been! :)
It must be a baby boom... I know 5 women who have had babies in the last 2 months!! Nuts!! Im happy to be out of the baby stage!

amylou said...

so glad you are back missy!
I don't know how you do it! You are a strong woman.

p.s.I was meaning to ask you if your email got hacked?! I got a strange email from you this weekend with just a link in it. I didn't click it just to be safe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails