Thursday, October 21, 2010

Th-th-thursday's Thoughts and a bit more...


Hey beauties!
Today is another edition of Thursday's Thoughts brought to you by yours truly! Here's my thought for the day: How could anyone forget their 2 year old in their house during a fire? Now let me explain, Tuesday afternoon there was a fire in a neighboring town about 15 minutes away. This fire claimed the life of a 2 year old girl but the mother, father and 4 year old brother managed to get out fine. Now, how were they unable to get the 2 year old out? Did they not know where their 2 year old was? Or is there something more going on here? I was talking to my hubs about this and I started crying because I felt awful for that little girl and I told my hubs that if a fire ever broke out in our house (which I pray it never happens) that I would risk my life to save my daughter. She is my first priority and he agreed that he would risk his life to save the both of us. Now, there were 2 adults in that house and they only managed to get one child out? It just confuses me. I just feel that there is something fishy going on there. One of the girls that I work with told me that the house that caught in fire was filled with problems. That there were sexual predators that lived there and that when her daughter would drive home late at night she would see the 2 year old in the middle of the street with only her diaper on and no one was in sight. So, why wasn't this ever reported? I pray that full investigation is made on this situation. I just can't believe that a mother would leave her child behind. 

Okay, sorry for the depressing thoughts today. This has been on my mind for a few days and I can't wrap my mind around it. I just ask that you keep the investigators in your prayers and pray that they find the truth in all of this. 

Moving on...
Work yesterday was insane!!! By the time I got of work I was ready for a monster Margarita! I was ready to just walk out of there also, but I honestly do like working there. I just don't enjoy some of my responsibilities and some of the attitudes that are had. Of course everything is better again when a beautiful baby is born and it is thriving and healthy. Our 2 trials of labor turned into c-sections because of failure to progress even though one was 9 cm dilated and was only that for 2 hours. I'm pretty sure she could have had the baby naturally, but what do I think I'm not a nurse or doctor. As we were getting the patients ready for the sections we were also getting 3 trials admitted for this morning and an OB check. I had no clean labor rooms available so if we had a woman off the street come up 10 and crowning I don't know what we would have done. haha. I'm sure we could have put some sheets down in the report room and taken care of her there. haha. Thankfully, that didn't happen. I am just glad that I have a couple of days off before I go back. I need a break.

Crafty??

I apologize for the lack of crafts lately. I have been in an odd mood lately and just haven't felt crafty, but that is changing today! Evangelina and I are going to get crafty after I do some cleaning. I intend to work on some goodies for the giveaway that's coming up.  


Something you have to forgive someone for.

I honestly try to be very forgiving, but there are times that I hold grudges for a while. I eventually do forgive, but I can't say I always forget- does that mean I haven't totally forgiven them? i'm not sure about that answer. The one thing I can say that I haven't forgiven is a situation I will never forget.  I don't even know if I can ever forgive this person. Sure, I have tried hard to forgive and I have even convinced myself a couple times that I had, but in reality I know I haven't. Its hard to forgive someone of taking your dignity and getting away with it. Its hard to forgive someone of rape even after 5 years. There is no way of forgetting it. 


I want you all to know how awesome you all are! You are all just so wonderful and caring. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave me such sweet comments. I know that it seems that the blog is getting pretty deep into some dark thoughts, but its just a challenge. I am still my happy-go-lucky self and I still have a lot of fun in store for this blog. I just think that this 30 Days of Truth challenge is just a great way to get to know me and it does help with those days I have nothing to write about.  Now I must go clean house so miss Evangelina and I can get our craft on! 

I hope that you all have a wonderful day today! 
Take care gorgeous friends!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Darling, What a beautiful post!
I too can't believe a parent would leave their daughter in a burning house, and I 100% agree with you, there is indeed something fishy going on.
P.S. Hope you got your monster margarita after such a hectic day! :)
P.S.S. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!
Have a lovely day,
xo

Blogs said...

I'm far from perfect and things do happen but leaving my child behind in a fire would never be one of them. I would never think about leaving the door or window until my kids were out. It's just something I don't understand either....sad indeed....!:(

kristi. renee. keim. said...

:( that poor little girl.
She needed someone to love her, to care for her, to save her... Thank God your little girl has you :)
I can't wait to read about your crafting!
I totally relate to what you said about forgivness! There are some things you can not forget, and you shouldn't. But i think you can still forgive with out forgetting. You seem so strong! i know i could never forgive someone for using me like that. Thank you for sharing :)
i can't wait to read more!!!
xo.

ashleigh said...

That is so heartbreaking! That poor little girl is now being taken care of by God and will never feel pain or un-wanting again!

I dont think what your posts have been about are "dark" per se they are real life! And its sooo nice to see that! Honest to goodness life! :)
Cant wait to see what you and your girl create! :)Love ya!

Brittany said...

I wont make any assumptions about the family, because I dont know all the facts. Accidents do happen..

BUT

I do know that I would rather die then live without my son...

OR

the fact that I could have saved him and didn't try!!!

yikes!

I have been crafting like crazy! Excited to see what you create!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

what a horrible situation! I can't believe that either!
forgiveness is hard and I can't imagine having to fogive someone for that. I think you are doing an amazing job. God will be your strength sweet friend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails